Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sandwiches
I like to share this dish at potlucks because it can be made ahead, which I especially appreciate during the busy holiday season. The sweet-and-spicy sauce is always a hit.—Martha Anne Carpenter, Mesa, Arizona
10 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 8-1/2 hours
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (4 pounds)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1/3 cup plus 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce, divided
- 1/3 cup plus 1/4 cup Louisiana-style hot sauce, divided
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup prepared mustard
- 10 kaiser rolls, split
- Cut roast in half; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl,
- combine broth, 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce and 1/3 cup hot sauce;
- pour over roast. Cook, covered, on low 8-10 hours or until tender.
- Remove roast; discard cooking juices. Shred pork with two forks.
- Return pork to slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine ketchup, molasses, mustard and remaining
- Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce. Pour over pork. Cook, covered,
- on high 30 minutes or until heated through. Serve on rolls. Yield:
- 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 sandwich equals 536 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 1,304 mg sodium,