I had a house full of relatives and was short on cooking space. I used the basic idea of the traditional sweet potato casserole and adapted it for the slow cooker. It's been a huge hit every since!—Joanna Stanforth, Scott Air Force Base, Illinois
- 3 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- In a large bowl, combine the sweet potatoes, sugar, eggs, milk, butter, salt and vanilla. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 3 hours.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, pecans and flour; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over sweet potatoes. Cover and cook 1-2 hours longer or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Praline Sweet Potatoes in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2011, p66
Reviews for Slow Cooker Praline Sweet Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review