Slow Cooker Potato & Ham Soup Recipe
In our house, this recipe is a win-win. It's easy for me to whip up and easy for my family to devour...the crusty bread for dipping doesn't hurt, either. —Linda Haglund, Buffalo, Minnesota
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Cook: 6-1/4 hours YIELD:6 servings
- 1 carton (32 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened and cubed
- 1 cup cubed deli ham
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- Sour cream and chopped green onions, optional
- 1. In a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker, combine broth, potatoes, onion and pepper. Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- 2. Mash potatoes to desired consistency. Whisk in cream cheese until melted. Stir in ham and milk. Cook, covered, 15-20 minutes longer or until heated through. Serve with sour cream and green onions if desired. Yield: 8 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC