In our house, this recipe is a win-win. It's easy for me to whip up and easy for my family to devour...the crusty bread for dipping doesn't hurt, either. —Linda Haglund, Buffalo, Minnesota
- 1 carton (32 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened and cubed
- 1 cup cubed deli ham
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- Sour cream and chopped green onions, optional
- In a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker, combine broth, potatoes, onion and pepper. Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- Mash potatoes to desired consistency. Whisk in cream cheese until melted. Stir in ham and milk. Cook, covered, 15-20 minutes longer or until heated through. Serve with sour cream and green onions if desired. Yield: 8 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Originally published as Slow Cooker Potato & Ham Soup in Simple & Delicious February/March 2014
Reviews for Slow Cooker Potato & Ham Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review