- 1 carton (32 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened and cubed
- 1 cup cubed deli ham
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- Sour cream and chopped green onions, optional
- In a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker, combine broth, potatoes, onion and pepper. Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- Mash potatoes to desired consistency. Whisk in cream cheese until melted. Stir in ham and milk. Cook, covered, 15-20 minutes longer or until heated through. Serve with sour cream and green onions if desired. Yield: 8 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Reviews for Slow Cooker Potato & Ham Soup
Sort By :
"Loved it and my friends loved it since I had them be the first to try it. Some suggested corn or even broccoli too."
"I followed the recipe as stated the first time I made this and it was good. Hubby suggested a can of great northern beans (rinsed and drained) and my daughter suggested cooked and crumbled bacon. I added these to the recipe the next time I made it and these two additions made it even better and fed more people!! Love it!!"
"This soup was good and so easy to make!"
"I have made potato soup in the past, but this is the first time I used frozen hash browns, and boy, howdy, that made it so much easier. I added some canned baby peas, and omitted the sour cream and green onion. I used the low sodium broth, and found the taste was not compromised by the lack of salt. This will be a winner at our house, too."