- 1 carton (32 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened and cubed
- 1 cup cubed deli ham
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- Sour cream and chopped green onions, optional
- In a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker, combine broth, potatoes, onion and pepper. Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours.
- Mash potatoes to desired consistency. Whisk in cream cheese until melted. Stir in ham and milk. Cook, covered, 15-20 minutes longer or until heated through. Serve with sour cream and green onions if desired. Yield: 8 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Reviews for Slow Cooker Potato & Ham Soup
Sort By :
Loved it and my friends loved it since I had them be the first to try it. Some suggested corn or even broccoli too.
I followed the recipe as stated the first time I made this and it was good. Hubby suggested a can of great northern beans (rinsed and drained) and my daughter suggested cooked and crumbled bacon. I added these to the recipe the next time I made it and these two additions made it even better and fed more people!! Love it!!
This soup was good and so easy to make!
I have made potato soup in the past, but this is the first time I used frozen hash browns, and boy, howdy, that made it so much easier. I added some canned baby peas, and omitted the sour cream and green onion. I used the low sodium broth, and found the taste was not compromised by the lack of salt. This will be a winner at our house, too.
More Recipe Collections
- Broth Soup Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Soup Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Ham Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Potato Soup >
- Potato Soup Recipes >
- Simple Recipes >
- Simple Soup Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Potato Soup >
- Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Soup >
- Slow Cooker Stews >
- Soup Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Cheese Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Comfort Food Recipes >