- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) hominy, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (10 ounces) green enchilada sauce
- 2 medium carrots, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound boneless country-style pork ribs
- Lime wedges and minced fresh cilantro
- Corn tortillas, optional
- In a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker, combine the first nine ingredients; add pork. Cook, covered, on low 3-4 hours or until pork is tender.
- Remove pork from slow cooker. Cut pork into bite-size pieces; return to slow cooker. Serve with lime wedges and cilantro and, if desired, corn tortillas. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Slow Cooker Pork Pozole in Taste of Home February/March 2016, p72
Reviews for Slow Cooker Pork Pozole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 12, 2016
"Hubby an I enjoyed this very much. Very easy to throw together and let the slow cooker do the work. Thanks for the recipe."
Reviewed Feb. 3, 2016
"Great cold weather meal"