- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) hominy, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (10 ounces) green enchilada sauce
- 2 medium carrots, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound boneless country-style pork ribs
- Lime wedges and minced fresh cilantro
- Corn tortillas, optional
- In a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker, combine the first nine ingredients; add pork. Cook, covered, on low 3-4 hours or until pork is tender.
- Remove pork from slow cooker. Cut pork into bite-size pieces; return to slow cooker. Serve with lime wedges and cilantro and, if desired, corn tortillas. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Slow Cooker Pork Pozole in Taste of Home February/March 2016, p72
Reviews for Slow Cooker Pork Pozole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 4, 2016
"My husband agreed. Very good and easy."
Reviewed Feb. 12, 2016
"Hubby an I enjoyed this very much. Very easy to throw together and let the slow cooker do the work. Thanks for the recipe."
Reviewed Feb. 3, 2016
"Great cold weather meal"