Slow Cooker Pork Chops Recipe
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (8 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into rings
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, brown chops in oil in batches; drain. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Layer with onion, red pepper and mushrooms. Combine the tomatoes, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper; pour over vegetables.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until meat is tender. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Pork Chops(3)
Sort By :
I was really excited to make this recipe because I like all the ingredients, but, it was really bland. I did make my own mushrooms, but, that should have added flavor and it didn't do enough.
Everyone loved this dish. I added sauted mushroom to the pot about 30 minutes before completion. It was really good.
I just got this receipe in my email today and was actually already planning pork chops for dinner. I decided to try it and was excited that all of the ingredients were items that I have on hand. The whole family enjoyed it and our 7 year old stated that he preferred these over any other pork chop because they were so moist. Served it with the white rice as suggested and it made a great meal.