Slow Cooker Pork Chop Recipe
- 2 bone-in center-cut pork loin chops (7 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 can (8-1/4 ounces) sliced peaches
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- Dash to 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1. In a small skillet, brown pork chops in oil; drain. Transfer to a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker.
- 2. Drain peaches, reserving juice. In a bowl, combine the tomato sauce, water, soy sauce, rosemary, thyme, basil, cayenne and reserved peach juice; pour over pork. Top with peaches. Cover and cook on low for 5 hours or until pork is tender. Yield: 2 servings.
1 pork chop with 1/2 cup peach sauce (prepared with sliced peaches in light syrup) equals 414 calories, 21 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 97 mg cholesterol, 694 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 34 g protein.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Pork Chop
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.