“I played around with many variations of this recipe until I came up with one that was just right,” Bonnie Morrow writes from Spencerport, New York. “The warm peaches make an excellent side dish for the pork.”
- 2 bone-in center-cut pork loin chops (7 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 can (8-1/4 ounces) sliced peaches
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- Dash to 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a small skillet, brown pork chops in oil; drain. Transfer to a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker.
- Drain peaches, reserving juice. In a bowl, combine the tomato sauce, water, soy sauce, rosemary, thyme, basil, cayenne and reserved peach juice; pour over pork. Top with peaches. Cover and cook on low for 5 hours or until pork is tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Peachy Pork Chops in Cooking for 2 Fall 2006, p37
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Pork Chop
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Pork Ole >