Slow Cooker Pork Chop Supper Recipe
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 small tart apple, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (8 ounces) sauerkraut, undrained
- 1. In a small nonstick skillet, brown chops in oil. Meanwhile, place the sweet potato, onion and apple in a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker.
- 2. Combine the brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg and pepper; sprinkle over the top. Layer with pork chops and sauerkraut.
- 3. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until meat is tender. Yield: 2 servings.
1 pork chop with 2 cups potato mixture equals 377 calories, 13 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 1,094 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 30 g protein.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Pork Chop Supper
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer