Slow Cooker Pork Chop Supper Recipe
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 small tart apple, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (8 ounces) sauerkraut, undrained
- 1. In a small nonstick skillet, brown chops in oil. Meanwhile, place the sweet potato, onion and apple in a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker.
- 2. Combine the brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg and pepper; sprinkle over the top. Layer with pork chops and sauerkraut.
- 3. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until meat is tender. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 377 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 1094mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 6g fiber), 30g protein .
Reviews for Slow Cooker Pork Chop Supper
"I followed the recipe precisely and cooked the full four hours. The sweet potatoes did not get done and the pork chops were close to overdone. Won't be making this again."
"This meal did not have good flavor. No one in my family cared for this meal."
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer