- 2 boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 small tart apple, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (8 ounces) sauerkraut, undrained
- In a small nonstick skillet, brown chops in oil. Meanwhile, place the sweet potato, onion and apple in a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker.
- Combine the brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg and pepper; sprinkle over the top. Layer with pork chops and sauerkraut.
- Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until meat is tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Pork Chop Supper in Cooking for 2 Spring 2009, p8
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Slow Cooker Pork Chop Supper
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 18, 2011
This meal did not have good flavor. No one in my family cared for this meal.