- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 jar (14 ounces) pizza sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 cups spiral pasta, cooked and drained
- 2 packages (3-1/2 ounces each) sliced pepperoni
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, pizza sauce and tomato paste.
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, layer the pasta, beef mixture, pepperoni and cheese. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Pizza in a Pot
"Husband said it's a keeper. I added mushrooms and black olives. Sub 1/2 lb sausage for 1/2 lb burger. Only used 2 1/2 cups pasta. All else the same. Great recipe!"
"I did not use the pepperoni. Instead I followed the suggestion of substituting pork in its place. It was delicious."
"out of this world"
"It was easy to make and the family loved it!!"
"Love this recipe! I've been making it for years."
"Soooo yummy! Love this one!"
"I tweaked this a tiny bit to accomodate what I had on hand and baked it because I made it after work. Definitely a keeper!!"