Slow Cooker Pizza in a Pot Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 jar (14 ounces) pizza sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 cups spiral pasta, cooked and drained
- 2 packages (3-1/2 ounces each) sliced pepperoni
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the beef, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, pizza sauce and tomato paste.
- 2. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, layer the pasta, beef mixture, pepperoni and cheese. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 473 calories, 23g fat (10g saturated fat), 89mg cholesterol, 829mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 31g protein.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Pizza in a Pot
"Husband said it's a keeper. I added mushrooms and black olives. Sub 1/2 lb sausage for 1/2 lb burger. Only used 2 1/2 cups pasta. All else the same. Great recipe!"
"A very quick and easy meal. I substituted salsa for the tomato sauce and added some pizza seasoning to the ground beef as it cooked."
"I did not use the pepperoni. Instead I followed the suggestion of substituting pork in its place. It was delicious."
"out of this world"
"Good, but to me it just tasted like a basic pasta and meat sauce. The cheese melted into the ground beef so it really wasn't noticeable or able to be tasted by the time the whole thing heated. Definitely wouldn't call this Pizza in a Pot."
"It was easy to make and the family loved it!!"
"Love this recipe! I've been making it for years."
"Soooo yummy! Love this one!"
"I tweaked this a tiny bit to accomodate what I had on hand and baked it because I made it after work. Definitely a keeper!!"
"my son brought the grandkids in and stood staring at my crockpot I told him to get small of it to take to work, everyone who has tried this loves it my 2 year old grandson says yum so 5 stars"
"My husband RAVES about this. I used venison for the ground meat. Turned out great!"
"Very good and easy to make! :)"
"I've made this wonderful recipe for parties. People attack it like hungry sharks, then stand around scraping the crockpot for every last bit of cheese. I always use Italian cheese blend for more flavor. Also, I suggest that you definitely cook the pasta very al dente, because sometimes it can get mushy. Mushy or not, this recipe goes fast!"
"Easy favorite in my house!! I use ground turkey instead of ground beef, and I only use one pack of pepperoni turns out just wonderful."
"YUMMY!! But next time I'll use less pepperoni! :)"
"This is a great recipe. I've made it several times. All I can say is wow!"
"can i do this recipe in the oven"
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.