- 1 package (16 ounces) rigatoni or large tube pasta
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pizza sauce
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 package (8 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Drain pasta; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the beef mixture, cheese, pizza sauce, soup and pepperoni. Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours or until heated through. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Pizza Casserole
"So delicious and easy to make! I see myself making this for my family over and over again!"
"I added spices like other people suggested, plus I substituted the hamburger meat with Italian sausage. I took it to a church potluck and people raved about it."
"So, so good. I used cream of onion soup. I don't like mushroom. It was really very good. I'll make this again."
"I thought this recipe had a wonderful flavor and mix of textures. With the 'foodie craze', some people feel they have to empty the spice rack . Then some go on to rate what is really their own recipe."
"I agree with the folks who mentioned that this was on the bland side. I had extra spices on hand to mix in- red pepper flakes, oregano and basil, garlic powder and fresh black pepper. This recipe sounded great, but neither my husband or our two kids were wowed. Likely won't make again."
"This was outstanding. I added mushrooms and green pepper with the onions. Then when I put everything in the slow cooker I added minced garlic, salt and oregano seasonings."
"This tastes just like pizza and it was loved by my family. it will be in the regular rotation."
"Because others had mentioned a blandness is flavor, I added several diced garlic cloves when browning the beef, as well as dried basil and oregano in large quantities (like 1 TB). Even then it was only okay. Perfectly edible, nothing special. I think a spicy pizza sauce might be the key."
"I can always tell when a meal is good because the leftovers are gone before noon the next day. This casserole was one such meal."
"Loved this recipe - I only added a bunch of parm. on the top - awesome"