This stuffing recipe is perfect for entertaining. The richness of Jones breakfast sausage is enhanced by fresh pears and dried cranberries. Recipe provided by Jones Sausage
Recommended: 25 Fall Slow Cooker Recipes
- 2 (12 oz) Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Pork Sausage Rolls
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 5 celery ribs, chopped
- 10-12 cups dry bread cubes*
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 5 pears, cored and diced
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups chicken broth
- *To dry out bread:
- Cut bread into 1-inch cubes and place on baking sheet. Bake about 15 minutes at 400?F. Bread should be crispy and dry.
- In large skillet, brown sausage until cooked through, breaking it up as it cooks.
- Drain excess grease and set sausage aside.
- Wipe out pan and add butter over medium heat.
- Add onion and celery, saute 8-10 minutes or until soft.
- Add sausage back to pan, reduce heat to low to keep warm.
- In large bowl, toss bread cubes with sage, poultry seasoning, salt, pepper, diced pears and cranberries.
- Add sausage mixture and stir to combine.
- Whisk eggs and chicken broth together and pour over bread mixture. Stir to combine.
- Transfer mixture to greased slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low 3-4 hours, until mixture is moist and spongey. Yield: 8 servings
Originally published as Slow Cooker Pear and Sausage Stuffing in Jones Sausage 2016
Reviews for Slow Cooker Pear and Sausage Stuffing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 25, 2016
"Outstanding Thanksgiving stuffing! I was unable to get the Jones Dairy Farms sausage where I live. Traditional store brand pork sausage was just fine. I will certainly return to this recipe in the future!"