Slow-Cooker Pea Soup Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) dried split peas
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 5 cups boiling water
- 1 cup hot milk
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, layer the first nine ingredients in order listed (do not stir). Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours or until vegetables are tender. Stir in milk. Discard bay leaves before serving. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Slow-Cooker Pea Soup(22)
Sort By :
Easy pea soup. My husband & I loved it..Used smoked ham hocks my husband smoked in our shop.
this was also my first attempt at making pea soup and it turned out FANTASTIC !! I used shredded carrots in mine (1bag) and it was awesome!! I also added some cummin sprinkled on top and garlic/pepper instead of just pepper !! will make again !!
First attempt making pea soup in a slow cooker. I did not soak peas ahead yet the peas softened in the water that was in the recipe. I was surprised. I also added homemade dumplings. Beat 2 eggs with a fork. Add a little milk(1-2 Tbsp) and beat again. Stir in 1.5 cups flour. Drop into soup half hour before done.
I added half a tsp of rosemary and a large potato, cubed. I soaked the peas overnight and the soup was a bit watery, but delicious. Four stars for not indicating whether to presoak or not.
My whole family loves this . I also used a leftover ham bone, but it's also good without one if you don't happen to want to try to use an entire ham. I also added celery and marjoram.
More Recipe Collections
- Carrot Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Soup Recipes >
- Cream Soups >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Soup Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ham Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Soup Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Healthy Soup Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >