Slow-Cooker Pea Soup Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) dried split peas
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 5 cups boiling water
- 1 cup hot milk
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, layer the first nine ingredients in order listed (do not stir). Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours or until vegetables are tender. Stir in milk. Discard bay leaves before serving. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Slow-Cooker Pea Soup(15)
Sort By :
Excellent pea soup. I have to admit, I too thought it was too thick when it was done cooking (about 4.5 hours), then I remembered that you are to add a cup of milk at the end. It was perfect after adding the milk!!! LOL ;)
For years, this has been my go-to recipe for split pea soup. Easy to put together, let the crock pot do the cooking, and absolutely delish. My husband loves it. Today I'm making it with a hambone rather than the diced ham I usually use. Healthy and delicious.
Excellent! I added more salt, garlic powder, & extra pepper. It just needed the flavor kick, but otherwise the consistency was great!
Very tasty, you'd never know it's "light"!
This is by far the best split pea soup recipe I have ever tried! Even my daughter that hates peas (ad most things green) loves this soup! And you can't beat the smell that fills your house! I make this recipe AT LEAST once a month...even in the summer months, it's that good.
More Recipe Collections
- Carrot Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Soup Recipes >
- Cream Soups >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Soup Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ham Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Soup Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Healthy Soup Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >