- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 carton (32 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped cabbage
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup ditalini or other small pasta
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until beef is no longer pink and onion is tender; drain.
- Transfer to a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the broth, tomatoes, beans, carrots, cabbage, celery, basil, garlic, salt and pepper. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in pasta. Cover and cook on high 30 minutes longer or until pasta is tender. Sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield: 8 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Reviews for Slow Cooker Pasta e Fagioli
"Delicious! So easy to put together. Made it exactly as printed, with the exception of the cabbage. Did not have any on hand, so substituted spinach. This was so good and even better the next day for lunch. Thank You!"
"It was good but a bit lacking in the seasoning department. I used ground turkey rather than beef since that's what I had on hand. I would make again but add some more seasonings!"
"I made this on the stove and it turned out great and delicious. It may have been even better the next day for lunch!"
"Delicious. I exchanged some of the vegetables for what I had. It was very thick and wonderful."
"This soup was easy and yummy.Because I wanted it for dinner tonight I made it on top stove instead of slow cooker.After adding all ingredients I simmered it for an hour adding elbow macaroni (I didn't have any datalini )the last 15 minutes."