Slow Cooker Party Mix
"This mildly seasoned snack mix is always a party favorite," reports Dana Hughes of Gresham, Oregon. Served warm from a slow cooker, the munchable mixture is very satisfying.
16 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 1 hour
- 4 cups Wheat Chex
- 4 cups Cheerios
- 3 cups pretzel sticks
- 1 can (12 ounces) salted peanuts
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 to 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine cereals, pretzels and peanuts.
- Combine the butter, cheese, celery salt and seasoned salt; drizzle
- over cereal mixture and mix well. Cover and cook on low for 1 to
- 1-1/2 hours, stirring every 20 minutes. Serve warm or at room
- temperature. Yield: about 3 quarts.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 237 calories, 14 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 532 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.