- 2 packages (12 ounces, each) Johnsonville® Hot & Spicy Breakfast Sausage
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1 sweet red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced mild green chilies
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook sausage according to package directions; cut into 1/4-inch slices; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine green onions, red pepper, chilies and cilantro; set aside.
- Spray the interior of a 5 to 6 quart slow cooker with vegetable cooking spray. Layer one-third of the hash browns, sausage, green onion mixture and cheese into crock.
- Repeat layers twice.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs, milk, salt and pepper' pour over layered ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until thermometer inserted into the center reads 160°F. Serve. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Overnight Breakfast Casserole
Sort By :
"Ladies--you hit the nail on the head.read the recipe, and if there is something you don't like, can't eat, not on your diet, then just pass it up, go on and find something you can and will eat. You are knocking some ones well thought out work, that is not very kind. If it ain't your style, then forget it, move on. Stop messing up the recipe."
"This is close to a recipe i've made before. Putting it in the crock pot the night before is GREAT. It feeds a crowd and its ready when you wake up. Great for overnight guest!!! This recipe is a keeper."
"Since we're empty nesters, I cut it down to half. Not being a fan of cilantro, I eliminated it, period. Used a one pound roll of sausage (hot) all I had at the time and layered ingredients in a 4 quart slow cooker, but as directed. Great recipes inspire cooks and one need not fear making changes to suit dietary needs or special tastes. This is a great recipe!! The leftovers? Wrapped them in a warm tortilla with a dab of sour cream for breakfast burritos. Awesome. This is a keeper and screams for a brunch with family and friends!!"
"I used turkey sausage and my whole family loves it!"
"@ IENON: Omit the potatoes if you are worried about it being low carb and quit you're whining already! I also hate when people rate a recipe and change this and add that so the recipe is NOTHING like its original format... Geez, just saying!I have been making a recipe similar to this for years and it is delicious. I have never tried it with cilantro and green chiles, but I will now and I'll even try the crock... Never done that before!!"