Slow Cooker Oatmeal Recipe
—Brandy Schaefer, Glen Carbon, Illinois
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Cook: 3 hours YIELD:4 servings
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup chopped peeled tart apple
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until liquid is absorbed and oatmeal is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup equals 340 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 225 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 10 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC