- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup chopped peeled tart apple
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until liquid is absorbed and oatmeal is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Oatmeal
"I prepared this exactly as instructed and it was delicious!!!! Was definitely ready in two hours. Will be a staple in our house from now on! Also- we are a family of four and we could've had a little more, will double next time."
"I made this with gluten free oats and almond milk. Since I used almond milk, I substituted almonds for the walnuts. Perfection! It did take 2 hours on low and an hour on high, but it was amazing. Thanks for this keeper!"
"I put a bowl inside the crock pot and filled the sourrounding with water. I made the steel cut oats in the bowl. This way the crock pot clean up was way easy. Otherwise you have a big mess on your hands unless you have a liner"
"delicious and easy to make! I omitted the raisins, as I don't eat them in any oatmeal. I tripled the recipe the first time i made it, and it took only about 1.5-2 hrs to be done."
"Very, very good. Made it several times. However, it didn't take as long to cook as recipe said. Would recommend it for a easy to fix (have on hand) breakfast!!!!"