Slow Cooker Mushroom Chicken & Peas
Some amazingly fresh mushrooms I found at our local farmers market inspired this recipe. When you start with the best ingredients, you can't go wrong. —Jenn Tidwell, Fair Oaks, California
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 3 hours 10 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 envelope onion mushroom soup mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups frozen peas
- Place chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle with soup mix,
- pressing to help seasonings adhere. Add water, mushrooms, onion and
- Cook, covered, on low 3-4 hours or until chicken is tender (a
- thermometer inserted in chicken should read at least 165°). Stir
- in peas; cook, covered, 10 minutes longer or until heated through.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken breast half with 3/4 cup vegetable mixture equals 292 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 566 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 41 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable.