- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 envelope onion mushroom soup mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- Place chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle with soup mix, pressing to help seasonings adhere. Add water, mushrooms, onion and garlic.
- Cook, covered, on low 3-4 hours or until chicken is tender (a thermometer inserted in chicken should read at least 165°). Stir in peas; cook, covered, 10 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Mushroom Chicken & Peas
Sort By :
"Sooooo simple and sooooo flavorful."
"I followed the recipe exactly. It wasn't inspiring and hubby requested that I not make it again. Very bland."
"This was very easy to prepare, but it would be improved with additional seasonings. Needs to be served with rice, potatoes, noodles, etc."
"This was easy and good. Needed some salt, I think I'll put more seasonings in the next time. Since it's just me, I store the entire crock liner in the 'fridge, then after work, I warm it up in the crock pot while I'm at my meetings and it's ready when I come home a few hours later. 3 dinners it makes for me, and by the third night, the chicken almost melts in your mouth and the flavors are blended wonderfully. Great with buttered egg noodles!"
"This is a good recipe, but those of you who are concerned about the sodium in this recipe, I encourage you to first brown the chicken breasts in olive oil in a saute pan, then, in olive oil, saute the mushrooms and some onions until brown and carmalized. Add another tablespoon of olive oil and stir in 1 T flour (if you are gluten free, add gluten free flour) and stir and brown, then add 3/4 c. of salt free chicken stock and 1/2 cup white wine. Pour over the chicken in the slow cooker, add the mushroom and onion mixture and peas. Cook on low for 5 hours. If you like more flavor, add 1 t. salt and a 1/2 t. pepper and 1/2 t, poultry seasonings. Yummy!"