- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 envelope onion mushroom soup mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups frozen peas
- Place chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle with soup mix, pressing to help seasonings adhere. Add water, mushrooms, onion and garlic.
- Cook, covered, on low 3-4 hours or until chicken is tender (a thermometer inserted in chicken should read at least 165°). Stir in peas; cook, covered, 10 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Mushroom Chicken & Peas
Sort By :
"Delicious. Definitely use a cup of white wine--not water. I added 16oz of sliced mushrooms. Made plenty of juice. Served it with garlic mashed potatoes. Company loved it."
"Fixed this for husband on a night when I cooked a different exotic dish that the rest of the family and I like but that he doesn't. He really liked it, said the chicken was very tender and went back for seconds. He is quite picky so this is a winner for us that'll go into our slow cooker rotation. The only change was that I reduced the water to 1/2 cup based on some of the previous reviews."
"I really enjoyed this recipe, quick, easy and quite tasty. I used two large chicken breasts and kept the rest of ingredients' ratio the same aas printed. An entire meal-in-one-pot that my husband really liked, too."
"This recipe was very easy and came out very good! But instead of the water, I used 3/4 cup white wine and some ground black pepper. I will definitely make this again."
"I thought this was very good, and so did my 16 y/o son. . Perfect answer for a busy day. I put all the ingredients in the slow cooker, and four hours later, dinner was ready. Very easy to make. The only thing I would do differently is to add a little bit of cornstarch to thicken the broth."