- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 envelope onion mushroom soup mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- Place chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle with soup mix, pressing to help seasonings adhere. Add water, mushrooms, onion and garlic.
- Cook, covered, on low 3-4 hours or until chicken is tender (a thermometer inserted in chicken should read at least 165°). Stir in peas; cook, covered, 10 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Mushroom Chicken & Peas
"Made this for dinner this week and unfortunately it did not turn out well. Very bland and the flavor of the onions, mushrooms and peas did not mix well. I'm sure it's a good base recipe to maybe build on, but if you want flavor, this recipe is not for you."
"I made this for dinner last night and we all really enjoyed it. It's not a new or innovative recipe but it's great for an easy weeknight meal."
"First. . .who would buy *not fresh* mushrooms? Second, by the time the mushrooms sat in the slow cooker for 6 hours, who would know they were the freshest. Third, pressing the dry soup mix into the chicken beasts so it adheres is useless. . .once you pour in the water, where do you think the soup mix will be? Yep -- floating at the top. This is an OLD recipe. I have been making it since the 1960s. However, I have always had to add spices because it is so bland."
"Good, quick, and easy weeknight dinner."