- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 envelope onion mushroom soup mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- Place chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle with soup mix, pressing to help seasonings adhere. Add water, mushrooms, onion and garlic.
- Cook, covered, on low 3-4 hours or until chicken is tender (a thermometer inserted in chicken should read at least 165°). Stir in peas; cook, covered, 10 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Mushroom Chicken & Peas
"Made this for dinner this week and unfortunately it did not turn out well. Very bland and the flavor of the onions, mushrooms and peas did not mix well. I'm sure it's a good base recipe to maybe build on, but if you want flavor, this recipe is not for you."
"I made this for dinner last night and we all really enjoyed it. It's not a new or innovative recipe but it's great for an easy weeknight meal."
"Good, quick, and easy weeknight dinner."
"Nope. It smelled delicious, but tasted very bland and boring. It tasted like mushrooms, peas, and chicken individually just warmed up together. I would not recommend this recipe."