Slow Cooker Mexican Dip Recipe
"My husband, Jamie, and I love to entertain," explains Heather Courtney in Ames, Iowa, "and this hearty, 7-ingredient dip is always a hit…as well as a request. It couldn’t be much easier to put together, and using our slow cooker leaves us free to share some quality time with our guests. After all, isn't that the purpose of a holiday party?"
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 pound bulk hot Italian sausage
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 package (8.8 ounces) ready-to-serve Spanish rice
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce
- 1 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 package tortilla chip scoops
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Heat rice according to package directions.
- 2. In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the meat mixture, rice, beans, enchilada sauce and cheese. Cover and cook on low for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until cheese is melted. Serve with tortilla scoops. Yield: 8 cups.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC