Slow Cooker Mexican Dip Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Hot Italian Sausage Links
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 package (8.8 ounces) ready-to-serve Spanish rice
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce
- 1 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 package tortilla chip scoops
- In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Heat rice according to package directions.
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the meat mixture, rice, beans, enchilada sauce and cheese. Cover and cook on low for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until cheese is melted. Serve with tortilla scoops. Yield: 8 cups.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Fizz 56 Brachetto Italy N/V, sparkling and sweet with hints of raspberry and cherry. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Slow Cooker Mexican Dip
Sort By :
LOVED IT! i made mine with ground elk instead of beef. will definitely make it again for a party.
a wonderful recipe.....
Simple and very delicious.
This is very easy, and super yummy. A big hit at the potluck. The only reason I don't give it 5 stars is that I wish it used something other than Velveeta, which is such crap. I sort of cringe at the idea of using Velveeta in anything. Next time I think I'll try it with cream cheese, or maybe cream cheese mixed with real cheddar.
I made this for a Halloween party and everyone just loved it. I will be making this for all my parties from now on.