Our approach to meatball sandwiches is a simple one—cook the meatballs low and slow, load into hoagie buns and top with provolone and pepperoncini. —Stacie Nicholls, Spring Creek, Nevada
Featured In: 34 Dump Dinners for Your Slow Cooker
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) frozen fully cooked Italian meatballs, thawed
- 2 jars (24 ounces each) marinara sauce
- 8 hoagie buns, split
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- Sliced pepperoncini, optional
- Place meatballs and sauce in a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low 3-4 hours until meatballs are heated through.
- On each bun bottom, layer meatballs, cheese and, if desired, pepperoncini; replace tops. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Slow Cooker Meatball Sandwiches in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2015, p60
Reviews for Slow Cooker Meatball Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 11, 2017
"Very good recipe, done it before and it should be a winner with college students too. :)"