Our approach to meatball sandwiches is a simple one—cook the meatballs low and slow, load into hoagie buns and top with provolone and pepperoncini. —Stacie Higley, Spring Creek, Nevada
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) frozen fully cooked Italian meatballs, thawed
- 2 jars (24 ounces each) marinara sauce
- 8 hoagie buns, split
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- Sliced pepperoncini, optional
- Place meatballs and sauce in a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low 3-4 hours until meatballs are heated through.
- On each bun bottom, layer meatballs, cheese and, if desired, pepperoncini; replace tops. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Slow Cooker Meatball Sandwiches in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2015, p60
Reviews for Slow Cooker Meatball Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review