Slow Cooker Meat Loaf
An old standby gets fun Mexican flair and an easy new preparation method in this recipe shared by Julie Sterchi of Jackson, Missouri. The round loaf gets extra flavor when served with salsa.
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup taco sauce
- 1 cup coarsely crushed corn chips
- 1/3 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend or cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- Additional taco sauce or salsa
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble beef over
- mixture and mix well. Shape into a round loaf; place in a 3-qt. slow
- cooker. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until a meat
- thermometer reads 160°. Serve with taco sauce or salsa. Yield: 8
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 258 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 471 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.