Slow Cooker Meat Loaf Recipe
An old standby gets fun Mexican flair and an easy new preparation method in this recipe shared by Julie Sterchi of Jackson, Missouri. The round loaf gets extra flavor when served with salsa.
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup taco sauce
- 1 cup coarsely crushed corn chips
- 1/3 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend or cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- Additional taco sauce or salsa
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into a round loaf; place in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Serve with taco sauce or salsa. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Slow-Cooked Meat Loaf in Quick Cooking January/February 2001, p43
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Meat Loaf(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Meat Loaf Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Ground Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Meat Loaf Recipes >
- Meatloaf Recipes >