Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes Recipe
Sour cream and cream cheese give richness to these smooth make-ahead potatoes from Trudy Vincent, Valles Mines, Missouri. "They are wonderful for Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner since there's no last-minute mashing required," she remarks.
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 6 cups warm mashed potatoes (without added milk and butter)
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, sour cream, butter, salad dressing mix and parsley; stir in potatoes. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 199 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 671 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC