Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 6 cups warm mashed potatoes (without added milk and butter)
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, sour cream, butter, salad dressing mix and parsley; stir in potatoes. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes
Sort By :
"A real hit. So surprised that I can make this a day or two ahead, then just reheat in the crockpot. They still tasted like they were just made, soft and creamy."
"For the 6 cups of mashed potatoes, I just used a 5 lb. bag of yellow potatoes. I did add a couple of things. First, instead of block cream cheese, I used 1/2 cup whipped cream cheese. I also added 1/4 tsp. of garlic powder, 1/4 tsp. salt, 1/8 tsp. pepper, and 1/2 tsp. freeze-dried chives. Delicious! The best mashed potatoes I've ever made and they didn't get dried out at all in the slow cooker :-)"
"Can I make this up the night before and just reheat it on Thanksgiving?"
"About how much is 8 cups of potatoes? 10 lbs or 5 lbs?"