Slow Cooker Mac n Cheese Recipe
This classic casserole is rich and cheesy meatless main dish. I've never met anyone who didn't ask for second helpings of the cheesy dish.—Bernice Glascoe, Roxboro, North Carolina
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Cook: 4-1/4 hours YIELD:10 servings
- 1 package (16 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1. Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker; add butter. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, 3 cups cheese, evaporated milk, soup and 2% milk. Pour over macaroni mixture and stir to combine. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
- 2. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover and cook 15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with paprika. Yield: 10 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 503 calories, 29 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 110 mg cholesterol, 656 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 21 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC