Slow Cooker Mac n Cheese Recipe
This classic casserole is rich and cheesy meatless main dish. I've never met anyone who didn't ask for second helpings of the cheesy dish.—Bernice Glascoe, Roxboro, North Carolina
- 1 package (16 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1. Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker; add butter. In a large bowl, mix 3 cups cheese, evaporated milk, condensed soup, 2% milk and eggs. Pour over macaroni mixture; stir to combine. Cook, covered, on low 3-1/2 to 4 hours or until a thermometer reads at least 160°.
- 2. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cook, covered, on low 15-20 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with paprika. Yield: 10 servings.
1 serving equals 503 calories, 29 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 110 mg cholesterol, 656 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 21 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC