- 1 package (16 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker; add butter. In a large bowl, mix 3 cups cheese, evaporated milk, condensed soup, 2% milk and eggs. Pour over macaroni mixture; stir to combine. Cook, covered, on low 3-1/2 to 4 hours or until a thermometer reads at least 160°.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cook, covered, on low 15-20 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with paprika. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Mac 'n' Cheese
Sort By :
"So disappointed after all the wonderful reviews. Separated and was inedible. Followed the directions exactly. Not sure what I did wrong. Was hoping to take to school for a teacher appreciation dinner."
"Awesome recipe! I tried this today for a pot luck and got rave reviews. I used a blend of cheddar, Colby and Monterey Jack and used about six cups total. I only pre-cooked the macaroni briefly (maybe 3 minutes) and the texture was perfect after 3 1/2 hours. I will definitely be making this over the holidays!"
"Perfect...LOVE IT !!!"
"We were very leery of making mac n cheese in a slow cooker. However, since my mother-in-law passed away last year, we have been experimenting with new recipes. I have one I fix all of the time which was my grandmother's. However, we miss my mother-in-law's recipe so my brother-in-law printed this one out and we tried it......AMAZING!!!!! It is very close to my mother-in-laws and the slow cooker, an excellent idea! WE LOVED IT!!"
"This was a huge hit at my Halloween party last night. I made a pot and half and used shells instead of elbows. Kids and adults both loved it. I had no issues w separation at all. I did add some pepper, ground mustard and nutmeg to mine as well. Next time I may put in some shallots and cubed ham. It doesn't have that crunch that I like w a normal baked one which is why I almost didn't give it the last star, but I shouldn't have expected that with a slow cooker."