- 6 bacon strips, divided
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- Cut three bacon strips in half; cook until partially cooked but not crisp. Drain on paper towels.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper; place in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Top each thigh with a half piece of bacon. Top with onion, pineapple and barbecue sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender. Cook remaining bacon until crisp; drain and crumble. Sprinkle over each serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Luau Chicken
Sort By :
"I made this chicken with red peppers added to the recipe. My husband really enjoyed it over rice. I liked the flavor, but I think the sauce could be thicker. I will definitely make it again. Thanks for the simple recipe!"
"I thought this was really good, however I did omit the bacon, forgot to drain the pineapple and used more bbq sauce and pineapple than called for. The "sauce" was going to be too juicy so I added some cornstarch mixed with water to thicken it and my family all really enjoyed it. My husband suggested adding peppers, onions and mushrooms next time. Served over white rice, i will definitely be making this again with the added suggestions of hubby!"
"This recipe was easy for a work night that is a plus. The chicken was juicy. It was a nice sweet bbq chicken. I love things I can make in the crock pot!"
"We really enjoyed this recipe. I made it just as described, except that I let it cook longer since I work full time. We made mashed potatoes & asparagus for sides and it was the perfect combo."
"Love this chicken!! Great flavor.....I don't think it's expected that the pineapple flavor should come through....it adds to the overall flavor in a subtle way, and provides texture as well. So easy to whip together, and so good! A real winner!"