- 3 pounds potatoes (about 9 medium), peeled and cubed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1/2 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain. Mash potatoes with cream cheese, sour cream, butter and milk. Stir in the cheeses, bacon, onions and seasonings. Transfer to a large bowl; cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Transfer to a greased 3- or 4-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 3 to 3-1/2 hours. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Loaded Mashed Potatoes
"I've made this twice now, and they are so yummy. Very rich tasting. Because of time constraints, I actually cooked it both times in the oven at 350 for 30-40 minutes and it turned out perfect!"
"My potatoes were firm when they were mashed and refrigerated but turned soft and soupy when reheated in the slow cooker. Maybe it was because I used low fat cream cheese and non fat sour cream. Tasted good but not appealing"
"I thought these were great but they got a little to thick after 3 hours on low. They tasted better at around 1 1/2 to 2 hours on low."
"After making these 3 times, I've decided they're too rich. Don't think I'll make them again."
"Was hoping these were going to be delicious, but we only thought they were so-so. Probably won't make again."