Slow Cooker Loaded Mashed Potatoes Recipe
Every year my Mom made cream cheese mashed potatoes for Thanksgiving, and I've tailored the recipe to my family and have carried on the tradition. I also make them in a slow cooker, which is convenient because I make the potatoes a day ahead, freeing up oven space. —Ann Nolte, Tampa, Florida
- 3 pounds potatoes (about 9 medium), peeled and cubed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1/2 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1. Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain. Mash potatoes with cream cheese, sour cream, butter and milk. Stir in the cheeses, bacon, onions and seasonings. Transfer to a large bowl; cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 3- or 4-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 3 to 3-1/2 hours. Yield: 10 servings.
3/4 cup equals 571 calories, 43 g fat (25 g saturated fat), 135 mg cholesterol, 925 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 23 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC