Slow Cooker Loaded Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- 3 pounds potatoes (about 9 medium), peeled and cubed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1/2 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain. Mash potatoes with cream cheese, sour cream, butter and milk. Stir in the cheeses, bacon, onions and seasonings. Transfer to a large bowl; cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Transfer to a greased 3- or 4-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 3 to 3-1/2 hours. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Loaded Mashed Potatoes
Sort By :
"I thought these were great but they got a little to thick after 3 hours on low. They tasted better at around 1 1/2 to 2 hours on low."
"After making these 3 times, I've decided they're too rich. Don't think I'll make them again."
"Was hoping these were going to be delicious, but we only thought they were so-so. Probably won't make again."
"Incredible! I will be making this again."
"These mash potatoes are so good My Daughter loves them! I leave the potatoes whole with skin on when the potatoes are soft I scoop out the potatoes and then turn the skin and what is left into potato skins very good . something to much on while everyone waits for everything to be done."