- 3 pounds cubed peeled potatoes (about 9 medium)
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven, adding water to cover. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until tender, 10-15 minutes. Drain; return to pan. Mash with cream cheese, sour cream, butter and milk. Stir in bacon, cheeses, onions and seasonings. Cover; refrigerate overnight.
- Transfer to a greased 3- or 4-quart slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low 3-3-1/2 hours. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Loaded Mashed Potatoes
"I prepared these potatoes for our Christmas dinner this year. We love loaded mashed potatoes but I was short on oven space so the slow cooker was perfect. These potatoes were the hit of the dinner. I made a couple of changes. I used 5 lbs. of potatoes for my crowd and omitted the green onions because of personal preferences. They were fabulous. Barely two helpings were left at the end of dinner. I highly recommend this recipe as a Volunteer Field Editor."
"My husband made these for Thanksgiving and they are GREAT ! Suggest a liner in the crock pot for easier cleaning. My son tried making them and they were too soupy. Problem is that hubby used an old-fashioned hand masher and son used his mixer "to save time". Hubby's were much better and they weren't soupy !!!"
"I've made this twice now, and they are so yummy. Very rich tasting. Because of time constraints, I actually cooked it both times in the oven at 350 for 30-40 minutes and it turned out perfect!"
"My potatoes were firm when they were mashed and refrigerated but turned soft and soupy when reheated in the slow cooker. Maybe it was because I used low fat cream cheese and non fat sour cream. Tasted good but not appealing"
"I thought these were great but they got a little to thick after 3 hours on low. They tasted better at around 1 1/2 to 2 hours on low."
"After making these 3 times, I've decided they're too rich. Don't think I'll make them again."
"Was hoping these were going to be delicious, but we only thought they were so-so. Probably won't make again."
"Incredible! I will be making this again."
"These mash potatoes are so good My Daughter loves them! I leave the potatoes whole with skin on when the potatoes are soft I scoop out the potatoes and then turn the skin and what is left into potato skins very good . something to much on while everyone waits for everything to be done."