- 3 pounds cubed peeled potatoes (about 9 medium)
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded pepper jack cheese
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven, adding water to cover. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until tender, 10-15 minutes. Drain; return to pan. Mash with cream cheese, sour cream, butter and milk. Stir in bacon, cheeses, onions and seasonings. Cover; refrigerate overnight.
- Transfer to a greased 3- or 4-quart slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low 3 to 3-1/2 hours. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Loaded Mashed Potatoes
"I've made this twice now, and they are so yummy. Very rich tasting. Because of time constraints, I actually cooked it both times in the oven at 350 for 30-40 minutes and it turned out perfect!"
"My potatoes were firm when they were mashed and refrigerated but turned soft and soupy when reheated in the slow cooker. Maybe it was because I used low fat cream cheese and non fat sour cream. Tasted good but not appealing"
"I thought these were great but they got a little to thick after 3 hours on low. They tasted better at around 1 1/2 to 2 hours on low."
"After making these 3 times, I've decided they're too rich. Don't think I'll make them again."
"Was hoping these were going to be delicious, but we only thought they were so-so. Probably won't make again."