- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 each medium sweet yellow, red and green peppers, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic pepper blend
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 flour tortillas (8 inches), cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- In a large skillet, saute onion and peppers in oil for 7-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add chicken; cook and stir over medium heat for 8-9 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
- Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the tomatoes, beans, lime juice, flour, cocoa, cumin, chili powder, coriander, lime peel, salt, garlic pepper and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until heated through.
- Place tortilla strips on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until crisp. Serve chili with sour cream and tortilla strips. Yield: 6 servings (2 quarts).
Reviews for Slow Cooker Lime Chicken Chili
Sort By :
"Good flavor ! Had no coriander but don't think we missed anything. Used cubed chicken breasts, cherry tomatoes and a small can of tomato sauce to replace the canned tomatoes. Nice sauce so will definitely make this again."
"Delicious! I added an extra 1/2 t of salt cuz this was very limy! I love lime, but it was a little over powering till I added the extra salt. I tried it with and without the sour cream and preferred it without. I also used pre packaged tortilla strips that you use for salads. I also added some hot sauce to my portion to give it a little more kick. My husband doesn't like spicy foods so this will be perfect for him."