Slow Cooker Lasagna Recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (29 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 package (8 ounces) no-cook lasagna noodles
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, water, tomato paste, salt and oregano.
- Spread a fourth of the meat sauce in an ungreased 5-qt. slow cooker. Arrange a third of the noodles over sauce (break the noodles if necessary). Combine the cheeses; spoon a third of the mixture over noodles. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining meat sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until noodles are tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Lasagna(59)
Sort By :
Very good Lasagna. I was surprised it was done in that short amount of time, but it was. I used spaghetti sauce as suggested by other reviews and used a slow cooker liner which made it easy to remove and made cleanup a breeze. Not sure what I'm going to with all the leftovers as it's just my husband and me. I'll let it cool overnight and split it up in another 3 portions. Three more meals headed for the freezer. Thank you Lisa for the recipe.
This was so dang good, but have to say we changed it up a bit b/c we thought it might be a bit bland for us. Added 3/4 lb hot Italian sausage, 5 mushrooms, replaced the water w/ low sodium beef broth, used tomato paste w/ basil, garlic & oregano, added 1+ tsp each dried oregano, basil & Italian seasoning, 1/8 tsp each red pepper flakes and cayenne pepper, and added 1 c Italian shredded 5 cheeses. Next time will use a crock liner to make removing it easier. Really great the next day too, lots of flavor!
I didn't put as much mozz. cheese in it, but my husband (the bottomless pit) ate a bowl of it and was full! Delicious!
Love this recipe. I often use Italian sausage instead of the ground beef. My nephew and his wife visited and they wouldn't leave without the recipe!
When they go for seconds and thirds you know you've got a winner in my house!!
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Lasagna Recipes >
- Ground Beef Pasta Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Ground Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Hamburger Casserole >
- Italian Casseroles >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Lasagna Dinners >
- Lasagna Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >