Slow Cooker Lasagna Recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (29 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 package (8 ounces) no-cook lasagna noodles
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, water, tomato paste, salt and oregano.
- Spread a fourth of the meat sauce in an ungreased 5-qt. slow cooker. Arrange a third of the noodles over sauce (break the noodles to fit if necessary). Combine cheeses; spoon a third of the mixture over noodles. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining meat sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until noodles are tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now
Reviews for Slow Cooker Lasagna
Sort By :
I love using my slow cooker, and this was a hit!! A keeper!
This is amazingly good. Easy to make just put it together and forget it type recipe. Loved it!
This was great. Next time I will add Italian sausage for a bit more flavor. But this is a keeper.
Very good Lasagna. I was surprised it was done in that short amount of time, but it was. I used spaghetti sauce as suggested by other reviews and used a slow cooker liner which made it easy to remove and made cleanup a breeze. Not sure what I'm going to with all the leftovers as it's just my husband and me. I'll let it cool overnight and split it up in another 3 portions. Three more meals headed for the freezer. Thank you Lisa for the recipe.
This was so dang good, but have to say we changed it up a bit b/c we thought it might be a bit bland for us. Added 3/4 lb hot Italian sausage, 5 mushrooms, replaced the water w/ low sodium beef broth, used tomato paste w/ basil, garlic & oregano, added 1+ tsp each dried oregano, basil & Italian seasoning, 1/8 tsp each red pepper flakes and cayenne pepper, and added 1 c Italian shredded 5 cheeses. Next time will use a crock liner to make removing it easier. Really great the next day too, lots of flavor!