- 1-1/2 pounds bulk Italian sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 carton (32 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 6 lasagna noodles, broken into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups coarsely chopped fresh spinach
- 1 cup cubed or shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Thinly sliced fresh basil, optional
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium-high heat 8-10 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Transfer to a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker.
- Add onion and carrots to same skillet; cook and stir 2-4 minutes or until softened. Stir in mushrooms and garlic; cook and stir 2-4 minutes or until mushrooms are softened. Transfer to slow cooker. Stir in broth, tomatoes and tomato sauce. Cook, covered, on low 4-6 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- Skim fat from soup. Add lasagna; cook 1 hour longer or until tender. Stir in spinach. Remove insert; let stand 10 minutes. Divide mozzarella cheese among serving bowls; ladle soup over cheese. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and, if desired, basil. Yield: 8 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Originally published as Slow Cooker Lasagna Soup in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2016, p61
Reviews for Slow Cooker Lasagna Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review