Slow Cooker Hula Chicken Recipe
- 6 bacon strips, divided
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- Cut three bacon strips in half; cook until partially cooked but not crisp. Drain on paper towels.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper; place in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Top each thigh with a half piece of bacon. Top with onion, pineapple and barbecue sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender. Cook remaining bacon until crisp; drain and crumble. Sprinkle over each serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Hula Chicken(14)
Sort By :
Loved this!!!! The flavor is wonderful and the chicken is outrageously tender and juicy....a given being thighs and slow cooked. This goes in my favorite recipe file!
Not bad.. not great. Flavors were good. Would I make it again? Maybe.
OK boys and girls...this is a keeper. I didn't end up crumbling the bacon over it in the end...because I forgot...and because it tasted great without it! It had a hint of the bacon already. My mother was over and had it as well...and really liked it the way it was. I used only boneless chicken breasts. Everything else was the same. One reviewer said they wish they had drained the pineapple juice because it was too juicy...yet I wish there was MORE juice in mine! :) I'm def. doubling the juice portion and probably adding the pineapple juice next time! Yes...there WILL be a next time. Served over rice with a salad. Husband ate two helpings.
It was delicious.
I added some cayenne pepper for a little additional heat. The chicken was very moist & soft & I like the added flavor's of the pineapple chunks & bacon. Thank you.
More Recipe Collections
- Bacon Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >