A cake baked in a slow cooker may seem unusual. But smiles around the dinner table prove how tasty it is. Sometimes, for a change of pace, I substitute butterscotch chips for chocolate. —Marleen Adkins, Placentia, California
- 1-3/4 cups packed brown sugar, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons baking cocoa, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1-3/4 cups boiling water
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a small bowl, combine 1 cup brown sugar, flour, 3 tablespoons cocoa, baking powder and salt. Combine the milk, butter and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until combined.
- Spread into a 3-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with chocolate chips. In another bowl, combine the remaining brown sugar and cocoa; stir in boiling water. Pour over batter (do not stir).
- Cover and cook on high for 4 to 4-1/2 hours or until a toothpick inserted near center of cake comes out clean. Serve warm with ice cream. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Hot Fudge Cake in Country Woman January/February 2006, p45
Reviews for Slow Cooker Hot Fudge Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review