Slow Cooker Hot Fudge Cake Recipe
- 1-3/4 cups packed brown sugar, divided
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 6 tablespoons baking cocoa, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1-3/4 cups boiling water
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a small bowl, combine 1 cup brown sugar, flour, 3 tablespoons cocoa, baking powder and salt. Combine the milk, butter and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until combined.
- Spread into a 3-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with chocolate chips. In another bowl, combine the remaining brown sugar and cocoa; stir in boiling water. Pour over batter (do not stir).
- Cover and cook on high for 4 to 4-1/2 hours or until a toothpick inserted near center of cake comes out clean. Serve warm with ice cream. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Hot Fudge Cake(48)
Sort By :
I used a 4-qt. slow cooker & it was done at around 2 1/2 to 3 hours. I turned it off & had to let it sit until we were ready after dinner. It got a little too gummy from sitting...I want to try again and be able to eat it as soon as it is done. Using soy milk and dairy-free butter & chocolate chips allowed my son to have a decadant dessert that is usually hard to come by with a milk allergy.
And I plan to ! Just made last night. Put whip cream on top.It is by far an excellent recipe.So easy to make. I already raved about it to two friends and told to go there & make it! Bless you for the recipe!
very easy recipe..I doubled it and cooked for about 5 hours. Ice cream compliments it perfectly. Nice change for a yummy dessert!
Very gooey and rich. The ice cream is a definite must! I dont think it is very good cold, but tastes just as good rewarmed in the microwave. Definitly best made for a crowd.
Weird, gummy texture, especially on the part that touched the side of the slow cooker. The melted chocolate chips were the best part, which isn't saying much.
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Chocolate Cake Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Fudge Cake >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Country Woman Desserts >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Fudge Cake >
- Hot Fudge >