- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- Thinly sliced green onions, optional
- Assorted crackers
- In a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker, combine the first six ingredients; stir in crab. Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours or until heated through. If desired, sprinkle with green onions. Serve with crackers. Yield: 2 cups.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Hot Crab Dip
"Not a fan and neither was anyone else. I followed recipe, and it was NOT good. I would even go as far to say gross. Would not recommend."
"This tasty dip is so easy to make and tastes amazing! I halved the recipe and baked it at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Adding a few chopped green onions lends a little splash of color to this great appetizer!"
"Halved the recipe and made it on the stove. I needed to add a couple splashes of Worcestershire sauce to bring out any flavor. I still think the one in Joy of Cooking is better."
"Great recipe. I suggest adding at least two cans of crab or even more."
"Heavenly! i doubled the crabmeat in this recipe."
"A big hit at Christmas!!"
"I made the Hot Crab Dip for a Scrapbooking Event & I doubled the recipe and left some at home for my Dad & Husband. Everyone Loved It!! It was Delicious!! Super Easy to Make. I look forward to making it again!! =)"
"We had friends over for appetizers last night and I tried this recipe out on them. They loved it. It was easy and I had all of the ingredients on hand. Guests thought I had worked hard on this. I had to 'fess up and tell them how easy it was. I did use Vadalia onion and onion taste was not overpowering. Regular onion might change the flavor slightly."
"This one is a keeper! Easy, quick, and great for unexpected entertaining."