My mom received this marinade recipe from a neighbor while she lived in Seoul, South Korea, which is where I was adopted from. Mom created heritage night for my brother and me, and she served Korean bulgogi with sticky rice, kimchi and chopsticks. As a busy mom of four, I keep her tradition alive but let the slow cooker do the work!—Jackie Brown, Fairview, North Carolina
Recommended: 23 Apple Slow Cooker Recipes
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 beef sirloin tip roast (3 pounds), thinly sliced
- Additional sliced green onions and toasted sesame seeds
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large resealable plastic bag, mix the first eight ingredients. Add beef; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Pour beef and marinade into a 3-qt. slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low 5-7 hours or until meat is tender.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove beef to a serving platter; sprinkle with additional green onions and sesame seeds. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Slow Cooker Garlic-Sesame Beef in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2014, p20
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Garlic-Sesame Beef
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 7, 2016
"Followed the recipe exactly and unfortunately, it was extremely bland. Will not be making this again."