My mom received this marinade recipe from a neighbor while she lived in Seoul, South Korea, which is where I was adopted from. Mom created heritage night for my brother and me, and she served Korean bulgogi with sticky rice, kimchi and chopsticks. As a busy mom of four, I keep her tradition alive but let the slow cooker do the work!—Jackie Brown, Fairview, North Carolina
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 beef sirloin tip roast (3 pounds), thinly sliced
- Additional sliced green onions and toasted sesame seeds
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large resealable plastic bag, mix the first eight ingredients. Add beef; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Pour beef and marinade into a 3-qt. slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low 5-7 hours or until meat is tender.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove beef to a serving platter; sprinkle with additional green onions and sesame seeds. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Slow Cooker Garlic-Sesame Beef in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2014, p20
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Garlic-Sesame Beef
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review