Slow Cooker Garlic Clove Chicken Recipe
- 40 garlic cloves, peeled
- 4 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up and skin removed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons dry vermouth
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
- Place garlic and celery in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, brown chicken in oil in batches; transfer to slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 3-1/2 to 4 hours or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Garlic Clove Chicken
Sort By :
"I was hoping this would turn out good. It had such good reviews. I didn't think it was anything special"
"This chicken is amazingly flavorful and so easy!"
"This was good. I followed the suggestion of one of the other comments and used Balsamic Vinegar in place of the Vermouth. I served it with rice. It was a big hit with my family and will definitely make it again."
"This recipe sounds good, but my family likes the skin. Has anyone made this with the skin on?"
"Very good! I agree anything with Garlic is good. This is soooo easy to throw together and as it cooks the house smells good. I too did not have vermouth on hand so I substituted Merlot wine, and it was great! Everything else I had on hand and added it as the recipe stated. Great chicken!"