Dinner guests and cooks alike will rave about this chicken recipe from Ruth Rigoni of Hurley, Wisconsin. “Your company will love the tasty poultry, and you'll appreciate the stress-free slow cooker preparation,” she says. “Drop garlic cloves in boiling water for a few seconds; drain and cool. The peels should slip off easily with your fingers.”
- 40 garlic cloves, peeled
- 4 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up and skin removed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons dry vermouth
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
- Place garlic and celery in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, brown chicken in oil in batches; transfer to slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 3-1/2 to 4 hours or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Garlic Clove Chicken in Country Woman August/September 2007, p35
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Garlic Clove Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review