I use canned goods and my slow cooker to whip up an old-fashioned side dish that's loaded with sweet fruits. It makes a heartwarming accompaniment to holiday menus. —Mary Ann Jonns, Midlothian, Illinois
Featured In: 26 Favorite Easter Brunch Ideas
- 2 cans (29 ounces each) sliced peaches, drained
- 2 cans (29 ounces each) pear halves, drained and sliced
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) apricot halves, drained and sliced
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the peaches, pears, pineapple and apricots. Top with pie filling. Cover and cook on high for 2 hours or until heated through. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 14-18 servings.
Originally published as Warm Fruit Compote in Quick Cooking November/December 2003, p36
Reviews for Slow Cooker Fruite Compote
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review